Tick tock, it’s time to tell time. Help your child learn how to read the time with these printable clocks for kids. Not only will they enjoy making their own clock, they’ll also be able to practice telling the time with the time-telling worksheets provided below.
How to Make a Printable Clock
1. Print out the color or black and white clock template below. Let your child color the black and white color color if he or she chooses to.
2. Cut out the clock and the hands.
3. Push a brass paper fastener through the hands of the clock and the center of the clock. Fold over on the the back of the clock.
Printable Clocks for Kids
Time Telling Worksheets
Here’s two free worksheets to help your child learn how to tell time.
Fun Facts about Clocks
1. The clock is one of the oldest human inventions.
2. The word clock is derived from the Celtic words clagan and clocca, meaning “bell.”
3. Ancient clocks include sundials, water clocks, candle clocks, and hourglasses.
4. Digital clocks began to be used in the 1960s.
5. The oldest known surviving working clock is the Salisbury Cathedral clock, which was built in 1386.